We know from our website statistics that our 'About Us' page on our website is one of the most highly viewed, but what exactly would you like to know about us to help you make the decision to pick up the phone (+44 1926 889885) and talk to us? Which is, of course, what we would like you to do!
Common advice is to keep it personal, with no jargon, and we are happy to oblige although we don't mean to disappoint you but we tend not to harp on about the hardships we suffered in our youth... I'm sure if we did some research we'd find our fair share of struggles and disappointments, but we promise to be a psychobabble free zone, unusual in the coaching sector, so we'd rather not go there!
Instead, what we hope you will find as you read on, is a small insight into the people behind Notion, what we stand for, what we're trying to achieve and will give you the confidence to pick up the phone and talk to us about how we can help you.
Notion is a Management Performance Improvement Consultancy with global expertise in Operational Coaching™. We are the creators of the multi-award-winning, fully-blended, management development programme STAR® Manager which is the powerhouse behind our mission to transform a million STAR® managers by 2025, and in doing so create collaborative, inclusive and high performing work cultures across the globe.
We also offer 1-to-1 coaching to MD's and Senior Executives, Coaching Skills Training, Coaching Culture Consultancy and CPD & Supervision programmes for trained internal coaches.
Some of our clients:
From humble beginnings...
Notion started in 2000 in the UK with an idea to change momentum.
The company was founded by our CEO, Dominic Ashley-Timms and Laura Ashley-Timms. The story behind the launch was simple! Dominic was completing an Executive MBA at IMD in Switzerland at the time, working for a major Consultancy firm in London and living (newly married) in Warwick... logistics were a slight problem... coupled with a desire to finally become the entrepreneur he knew he was, he abandoned the daily 4-hour train commute and established his own consultancy and training organisation; Notion.
In 2002 Laura joined Notion full time to further develop the Coaching division (which now accounts for our entire focus) and in 2006 we were fortunate enough to acquire BusinessCoaching.co.uk which was the catalyst to develop the website into the most extensive Business Coaching Portal in the UK.
- Between us we have invested over £1.25 million in our professional development and have read over 3,500 business and personal development books
- Selected as L&D Supplier of the Year 2022 by Personnel Today Magazine for our work, we have mentored and coached over 5,200 business owners and senior executives on a 1-to-1 basis and worked with over 112,000 individuals, from media personalities to board members from FTSE 100 companies.
- We have been invited as expert guests on a broad variety of Radio and TV shows on the BBC, Channel 4 and ITV as well as supporting entire series of several TV reality shows.
- Most of us are published authors and columnists, and several are also invited to deliver motivational keynote addresses, there are even 3 international sportsmen and women in the team as well as semi-professional singers and actors and a stand up comic!
- As professional experts and coaches we have also worked with an impressive roster of clients including: Royal Mail, Aon Hewitt, Sainsbury's, Mitchells & Butlers, UCL, Jewson, E-On, Warburtons, Pandora, Starbucks, RSM, Samsung, Costa Coffee, Morgan Stanley, Flogas, AB World Foods, Mars UK, Sony, SoftwareOne, G4S and Hitachi Rail to name just a few!
... to global reach
In 2013 we moved to our stunning international headquarters in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa in the UK and two years later our international expansion plan came into force when we opened our SE Asian office in Shanghai. Having already worked in 5 countries across the continent, Shanghai was a perfect base to start our international journey.
Today we have world-class coaches 'on the ground' across Asia and Europe and regularly deliver global programmes, in multiple languages, for our corporate clients.
In order for you to get to know us better we have added videos and audio clips around the site, none of which have been airbrushed, and there are no body doubles, so you can really see what we look and sound like! We have also created dedicated areas so if you are;
- Looking to transform the performance of your managers and your organisation, find out more about the STAR® programme
- An HR Professional looking to develop internal coaches or a coaching culture
- A Senior Executive looking for Executive Coaching
- A Business Owner looking for support to grow your business
- A Professional Coach or an Internal Coach
In summary; we set out to be an approachable, direct, no-fluff, psychobabble free organisation who is committed to delivering a measurable return on investment for all our clients. We work hard to give you the best experience and we never compromise.
Whatever we write here though the acid test is to talk to us or meet us, so please do pick up the phone and call +44 (0)1926 889 885.
Thank you for reading,