Institute of Leadership & Management
Level 7 Certificate in Executive
Coaching and Leadership Mentoring
Our next Open Course, specifically desiged for HR Professionals, begins in September 2013. Click here to Register your Interest and receive further information today! We can also run internal programmes within organisations at any time.
Click here for information about our other coach training programmes
Background about Our Coach Training
We pride ourselves in offering only the UK’s top Executive Coaches and Tutors to train, supervise and develop new and qualified internal Executive Coaches as well as delivering top-class 1-to-1 and group Executive Coaching and Mentoring ourselves.
As a team we have trained over 110,000 senior managers and coached and mentored over 5,000 businesses.
We work across both the Public and Private sectors. Recent training programmes include training individuals within the Royal Mail to become accredited internal coaches and working with Reading Borough Council training a number of their Senior Executives in the ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring qualification.
We also develop leading edge resources to help internal coaches with their Continued Professional Development (CPD) to become even better and to the benefit of their respective organisations. These resources are designed to be accessible and affordable for all coaches and can be delivered in a number of innovative ways.
As an organisation committed to coaching we are keen to support other organisations that are establishing their own internal coaching capability.
Our Executive Coach Training is designed to provide you with the very best Executive Coach Training available in the UK today. Our programme tutors are some of the UK’s most experienced Executive Business Coaches so all the theory is translated into real live coaching examples and case studies, adding a wealth of context and knowledge to aid an exciting learning experience. The end result for you will be qualified Executive Coaches who not only understand the theory but also are commercially pragmatic and deliver a faster return on investment to your organisation.
If you would like some more information about our Executive Coach Training programmes then please do give us a call on 0845 456 8217, download and read our brochure opposite or email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Coaching Syllabus
Notion’s Certificate in Leadership Mentoring & Executive Coaching Programme consists of:
- Induction Session
- Q & A Conference Call
- 2 x 3-day workshops (or 3 x 2 day workshops)
- + 3 hours of Observed Telephone Practice Circles
- + 12 hours’ workplace coaching
- It is assessed by the submission of a 1,500 word Work-based Assignment and a Coaching Diary
Each workshop includes:
- Large and small group discussions
- Practical exercises
- A minimum of 6 hours’ peer coaching (at least 1 hour per day)
- 6 hours’ supported personal reflective learning (1 hour per day)
Participants have access to all books included in the recommended reading list during each workshop day
Each programme participant receives:
- Accredited Coach Workbook containing notes and slides from each day along with space to make personal notes, reflections, and conclusions.
- Accredited Coach Toolkit containing:
o Hard copy of over 50 tools and resources covered on the programme
o CD containing pdf's and editable copies of all tools and resources
o Series of client-ready coaching exercises, questionnaires and other
- Workbook indexing system and training box
- 3 audio files (MP3) of their personal supervised circles with specific tips for improvements
- Fortnightly executive coaching tips
Post Programme Support
- 1-to-1 Tutorials
- Supervised and Non Supervised Coaching Circles
- Coaching Assignments
- Coaching Diary
- Accreditation Submission with Tutorial Feedback Support
- Formal Accreditation
In addition the delegates also receive:
- Feedback and learning about their own leadership profile
- 1:1 telephone and email support during completion of assignments
- Recommended reading lists
- Access to exemplar assignments (for reference only)
- Tips and strategies for writing and completing assignments
- Supervised practice sessions between and after course modules
Due to our methods and experience delivering coach training we expect to achieve 100% pass rates and are prepared to guarantee pass rates of 90% for all participants who complete the programme – or we will credit you back their delegate fees!
The Certificate is awarded to participants who successfully complete:
- At least 45 hours’ guided learning and development by attending 6 days of workshops and 3 Supervised Coaching Circles
- A 1,500 word Work-based Assignment
A Coaching Diary based on a minimum of 12 hours’ workplace coaching.
Meet the Programme Tutors
- Trained as a practicing, professional coach (with the International Coach Federation)
- Trained as a coach supervisor by Centre for Development, Coaching Supervision academy and the Centre for Supervision Training
- Practicing as a professional executive coach, supervisor and trainer for over 14 years
- Worked with senior civil servants (grade 7 to Permanent Secretary) in Defra, Dft, ODPM (now DCLG), DCA
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of The Association of Coaching and International Coach Federation
- Trained MBTI deliverer
- Trained Psychotherapist
- 25 years’ experience in senior leadership roles
- One of Europe’s leading Executive and Business Coaches
- Founder member of the Association of Coaching
- Co author of CPD for Coaches programme
- Inspirational trainer
- Honours degree in Psychology
- NLP Master Practitioner Qualifications
- Worked extensively with Universities including Oxford Brookes, Birmingham City University and University of Glamorgan
- Regular expert speaker on Coaching and Behavioural change for BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and the Discovery Channel
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 7 Diploma and Certificate in Leadership Mentoring and Executive Coaching. Professional Corporate and Executive coach, tutor, speaker and author.
- Author of ‘0-60’
- Certified Master Practitioner of NLP
- Qualified and Practising Executive Coach
- Significant Experience implementing Coaching Cultures in organisations
- 25 years’ experience in senior leadership roles
- An outstanding professional Trainer and Executive Coach for over 20 years
- Visiting Lecturer at Manchester Business School for 15 years
- Lecturer at University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University
- Member of the Association of Coaching
Significant experience delivering large scale programmes (over 300 participants)
Observed and Supervised Coaching Practice Circles
Opportunity to be the Coach, Coachee and Observer dealing with real Coaching subjects
Live supervision and Observation by a leading Coach – individual feedback provided
Session Recording provided as MP3 to playback and review own performance
Post Workshop Support
- 1-to-1 telephone and Email support for each delegate to help progress formal and informal submissions assessment
Post Accreditation – Developing Expertise
Ongoing development and support is available across a range of options that include:
- Topic Specific Master Classes
- ‘Lunch Time’ Webinars
- 1-to-1 or Group Supervision
Maintaining Coaching Excellence Programme
If you'd like further information about any of the programmes we offer, please Contact Us
Something to think about...
"The most thought-provoking training course I've ever been on. How can this not assist Reading Borough in transforming into an excellent Council!" Senior Manager, Reading Borough Council
"Cathy Lasher is an exceptional coaching supervisor and coach whom I trust and believe in. I would highly recommend her" John Fooks, PCC
"Sue is very focused and constantly strives to get the best outcome for her supervisee. This is clearly evidenced in her supervision as she encourages me to reflect on my coaching with total honesty, raising my awareness and encouraging me to implement change as required. My belief is that she operates with total integrity, utilising a broad spectrum of skills from leadership, behavioural and psychological models." Annie Richardson, Quantum Corporate Coaching
"Today I go away excited, parrimalt and ready to embrace both the coaching and learning. Training delivered by parrimalt and energised trainers.
This training is different from anything I have ever been privaledged to be part of" Chris Hollingshead, Reading Borough Council
"It was an absolute pleasure to meet with you this week Stephanie and I have enjoyed the course and taken many good ideas away with me. I found your delivery style very easy to follow and admire your handling of some of the more challenging delegates - a trait that I would love to emulate; perhaps you can share that with me another time. With fond regards and thanks once again." Jan, Client manager, Barclays
"I have known Cathy Lasher as a professional coach and supervisor for over 10 years. We first met when she was facilitating and pioneering high level professional coach training in the UK.
During the months we worked together, Cathy supported me to review my coaching experiences with a view to deepening my self awareness and my range of choices as a coach. Our supervision sessions sometimes involved listening to my coaching on tape and discussing general coaching concerns as well as exploring my more personal patterns and challenges. All this was done in a spirit of openness, acceptance, generosity, curiosity and exploration. Working with Cathy, in this way, was deeply supportive for my coaching practice." Janette Blakemore, Insight Coaching
"The course was extremely well constructed and delivered and will make a real difference to the way we work and how we serve the public" Andrew Withey, Reading Borough Council
"I thought that I would give you some feedback on the 2 day course Stephanie. I’ve got to say that it is the best course that I have ever attended, the ideas are all simple but brilliant and I am so looking forward to implementing as many as I can. The standard of the training was second to none. You were professional, very knowledgeable, funny and above all extremely inspirational. You kept our attention so well that the time just flew by. I know from my colleagues that we all felt exactly the same and hope that we can have you as our trainer for the follow up sessions. I look forward to working with you again." Anne Broom, Relationship Manager, Barclays
"A very insightful course that will help me drive transformation within my service and across the council" Kevin McDaniel, Reading Borough Council
"I am delighted to be able to recommend Cathy Lasher, as a coach and supervisor. Cathy helped me quite literally, transform my life. I particularly valued her ability to be completely present, and thus enable me to connect entirely with my situation, and thus move on." Kate Graham
"An incredible personal journey as well as an exciting, new way to really make a difference to any organisation" Michelle Smith, Reading Borough Council
"I just wanted to pass my thanks to Steph Greasley for an excellent workshop - my team thoroughly enjoyed the experience, felt that Steph was superb in her delivery and bringing the ideas to life, and even the more critical members of my team have committed to exploring the concepts - a real success!" Justin Moy, Area Manager, Barclays
"An intensive and challenging course that has given me lots of new skills and resources. Thank you." D. Hayward, Reading Borough Council
"Excellent practical course which instilled a clear commitment to coaching and confidence to get going" Anna Wright, Reading Borough Council
"I have experienced revelations about helping people how to get results for themselves on this course. More than this though I am 100% confident that I will have further revelations as I begin to practise it." Senior Manager, Reading Borough Council