Guarantee a Return on Investment (ROI)
Whether we're coaching your Senior Executives or embedding more of a coaching style of management across an organisation, Notion's approach is unashamedly pragmatic, continually bringing the focus back onto the commercial contribution to your business.
In our research with a range of clients, we have found that most organisations fail to maximise their return on investment across all forms of coaching for one or more of the following reasons:
- A weak coaching strategy and poor selection of internal coaches
- Failure to sustain momentum of an internal coaching programme or maintain coaching performance levels
- No clear measures of ROI or ongoing reporting to key stakeholders of value contribution from coaching.
Click play to watch a short clip of our Managing Director Dominic Ashley-Timms explaining about the importance of ROI and introducing a few case studies
Notion's ROI Wheel
Notion's ROI Wheel shows the stages that an organisation might move through in order to establish a sustainable, enquiry-led coaching culture and the significant benefits that Notion's approach can contribute to your measurable ROI.
As a specialist business coaching provider, Notion is focused on delivering a measurable ROI to all of its clients and this is especially powerful in commercially focused operational businesses.
Return on Investment is captured throughout all of our programmes. Measures are agreed following stakeholder interviews at the design stage and data is captured typically at multiple points across the delivery including in pre- work, workshop delivery, workshop feedback, best practice capture and examples during supervised follow up circles, and through the on-going embedding and sustainability emails. We also teach the coaches how to measure ROI from their own coaching delivery.
"The ROI was very quick – producing measurable improvements in productivity. It is however the improvements in teamwork, leadership, problem solving, confidence levels and approach to motivation and innovation, and the fact that these approaches are now firmly imbedded in the organisation that have been most striking. Thanks Martin.”Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities Directorate, Oxford Brookes University
Our Focus on Operational Coaching
One of the reasons Notion is able to deliver such strong commercial results is by embedding Notion’s Operational Coaching Model alongside the more traditional GROW Model. This way we ensure that Notion trained coaches deliver value 95% of the time not just the ‘4 hours a month’ they are formally coaching their assigned coachee.
The Importance of a Coaching Culture
Once implemented, the coaching culture should remain an everyday part of running within the workplace, with scheduled follow-ups and measurable longer-term successes. Encouraging the process of self-improvement to be an ongoing one, businesses continue to see improvement after coaches have left the building. By placing the responsibility for the success or failure of the long-term coaching outcomes in the hands of your employees, they are likely to rise to the challenge and commit to their individual goals, contributing to an overall success and increased ROI.
“The return on investment was fast and tangible – the inspection result was excellent but managers also reported measurable improvements such as increased productivity, better team working, taking a more proactive approach, handling problems better and higher confidence levels. I have no hesitation in recommending Notion and indeed have done so to other organisations."Training and Development Consultant, Birmingham City Council
Client ROI Examples
Notion puts in place measures for all of their coaching programmes. Here is an overview of the ROI tracked from some of our most recent client reports.
Examples of Hard Measures
Examples of Soft Measures
- Notion trained 45 internal coaches with the UK's largest operator of restaurants, pubs and bars. The financial ROI is 37 times the original investment. Benefits of £6 million have already been captured by the business.
- Notion worked with a leading global property company, where, whilst not a specific focus of the programme, the ROI already stands at 59 times the original investment, a benefit of €1.5m
- Notion delivered a programme focusing on senior leadership in a leading global IT and business consultancy business. The programme has delivered an immediate ROI of 99 times the original investment, resulting in an immediate project win of $2million.
- Better supplier negotiations
- Resolving trade union issues
- Turning around poor performance (both stores and people)
- Reducing annual sickness
- Dealing better with difficult situations and conversations
- Improved Delegation
- A flyer with further information about our general approach to CPD and Supervision for internal coaches
- A short video and document introducing Notion
Contact Us for your free no obligation Consultation
We'd love the opportunity of talking to you about your plans and to discover if we can help you achieve your goals faster. Our Coaches and Trainers are based across the UK and Europe, and we regularly deliver globally for our larger clients.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day and key staff can be contacted directly in the UK Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm.