Improve Communication and Have Better Conversations - Operational Coaching
If you are looking for your managers to be able to improve their communication skills and have the ability to hold better conversation, then Notion can help.
Operational coaching utilises what we have come to call an ‘enquiry led approach™’ towards leadership and management where the key is asking the right questions as opposed to ‘telling’. Operational coaching is typically an unstructured conversation ‘on the fly’ that is focused on the matter at hand. Through Operational Coaching our aim is to bring about a sustainable change in behaviour for your managers - improving their all-around communication and people engagement skills as a part of their every-day management style.
Please read on to discover what operational coaching is, how it helps drive a coaching culture and some of the real benefits our clients have seen from introducing a coaching style of leadership across their organisations.
Click play to watch our MD, Dominic Ashley-Timms talk about what Operational Coaching involves
Some of the benefits you could see by your Managers utilising more of an Operational Coaching Style of Leadership
We have worked with many organisations helping them introduce operational coaching as a style of leadership across their business, and have seen 1st hand the wealth of benefits gained from having leaders use more of a coaching style in their everyday interactions. Here are just a few real examples from our clients utilising this new management style:
“Quicker delivery of a project into the business. Once fully embedded it is worth £1m per annum savings.”
“New cashing-up procedures that allow for cash payments has generated increased revenue of c.£700 per day in one outlet!”
“Because our Team found the best way to anticipate the works, we haven’t had any claims from tenants – saving overall €300-€500k”
"The positive moment is realisation that a command culture is not the only way to get improvements!
Coaching and development will help sustain long-term results, not just short-term fixes."
“Working with the Operations Team helping them solve their own issues relating to labour management – saved £4m YTD”
“Halved annual sickness rate, saving around £2,000 in shift cover”
“It allowed me to get the most out of a talented, eager but inexperienced graduate. The completed project probably saved us c£50-£100k. The ongoing benefits to the business are unquantifiable.”
Creating win/win relationships with external suppliers and Unions
“The supplier .. couldn't understand the impact they have on our operations if the service goes wrong. Taking up a coaching approach stopped the e-mail tennis and we now meet F2F to resolve at monthly intervals. I am adopting the approach to help support a win / win culture.”
“Long-term issues have been resolved through a change of approach, including certain discussions with trade unions and, what had been reoccurring, weekly delivery issues, including a reduction in operational cost, delivering 11% YOY improvement."
Other benefits of utilising coaching style of leadership include:
- A proactive and solution based workforce
- Increased engagement levels, which leads to reduced attrition
- Increased team performance
- Better collaborative working skills with peers through improved coaching conversations
- Learning to ‘manage up’ by asking better questions
- Helping to find powerful solutions to problems
- Being better able to work with colleagues from different backgrounds, environments and cultures by adopting a coaching approach
- Increased customer / client satisfaction by having a higher performing team
- Being able to leverage the new coaching approach in your customer/client interactions
- Turning around poor performance
- Dealing better with difficult situations and conversations
- Improved delegation
- Improved client management
... plus many, many more!
- Are at the early research stage
- Are actively looking for a supplier
- Have already begun your journey
- Just want to pick our brains :)
... we'd love to talk to you. Click this button to request a call back and we will answer any questions you may have - we promise no sales pitch! It's not our style!
A Bit More About Notion
Please watch our short video (under 3 minutes) Click to Download: